Friday, February 22, 2019

13A – Reading Reflection No. 1

During the reading of Coco Chanel by Lisa Chaney, I have a deeper understanding for Miss  Chanel both as an woman and as an entrepreneur. This bio reveals how Miss Chanel, as a entrepreneur, run her reputations and run her relationships. The part most surprised me is that the stories of Chanel, which used to inspired me a lot, turn out to be just “stories”. Moreover, in order to be more dramatic, Chanel tells many different versions of her stories. I admire how she build up an fashion empire and carefully operate the whole chain of fashion industry. She made Chanel such an milestone that lead a couple of centries. However, I don’t like how she made up her stories like her poor childhood and she independtly build up her fashion stores. Most of her career was favoring and successful. She exprienced war and survived. The mystery about how she survive also have many version. I think is it may related to her affires. After the war, her exprience became another story that she sold. 
What confused me is that Miss Chanel is not really what I thought what an independent successful business woman. She is dependable to man and make use of them to go further.
I want to ask her two question if I can:
How much do you willing to sacrifice for success?
If you can restart your life, will you make the same choice?
I think Miss Chanel does Hard by taking every opportunities to success. It is the biggest question for me: What do I want for my life? Will I make the same choice to Miss Chanel if I can?








1 comment:

  1. Hi Sining,
    Great post! I'm shocked as well about the story that Miss Chanel is not who we think she is. However she indeed build a really successful brand from the ground. Most people who does not know the true story behind, since the whole brand of Chanel is emphasizing on independence of women. I do feel it is kind of unethical to make up the story of the brand, i think it unfair for the customers that purchase this brand because of its value.

    ReplyDelete