Friday, March 22, 2019

20A – Growing Your Social Capital

Person #1 Domain expert in my industry
Romero
Romero is the owner of two used car dealerships in Gainesville. He has 21 years’ experience in this industry. He is a domain expert who knowing everything about used car dealership. He just opened a new dealership besides mine and I was introduced to him by our land lord. He said he will teach me more about this industrial and we would share our inventories and customers. For example, if I don’t have a car my customer want, and he has, I will take the customer to test drive his, instead of just losing the customer, and he would do the same thing. It will improve both my experience and sales of the company.

Person #2 Expert on my market
Jeff
Jeff is the sales manager of another dealership in Gainesville. He have been in this industry for 15 years and is very experienced on the market. He know everything about customer and advertising because he was the one in charge of the whole marketing department. He was recently introduced by my land lord too. He helps me on how to showing cars to customer and the seasonal trend of the industrial. He is expecting to get customer and a Chinese girlfriend from me.

Person #3 Important Supplier to my industry
David
David is the manager of local PPG paint supplies shop. I just ordered a $2500 painting system this week, that is how me know each other. He is very experienced about painting. When I having trouble on painting, he is the one I’m going to ask. He teach me about the painting and expecting me to order more products from them.

Reflect:

All these contacts were coming from the operation of the business. It is defiantly the best way to do meet people doing the same thing as you do. I’ve never doing like this before I started the business. But when I did, the networks coming to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sining,
    Great post! I think you have found some solid connection that could help your business in the long way! I totally agree with you that when you start to do the business, the connection comes along the way and you will be surprise how many potential connection you been have around you.

    ReplyDelete