3) Begin with alternative evaluation. In the last case exercise, you determined how customers sought information related to solving their need. The outcome of this step is to produce a set of alternatives. Customers pick from among this set of alternatives. In this step, your job is to figure out how they do their picking. Does price matter the most? Does quality? Does style? Is there more than one factor that is important to your customer segment?
4) How/where do they buy? Elements of the actual transaction can help characterize your segment. Is your segment more likely to buy online or in a store? Are they more likely to use cash or will they finance the purchase? Etc. If this is a B2B purchase, who's involved in the purchase decision?
5) Post-purchase evaluation. What matters most to your customers when they think back on the 'rightness' of the purchase? What helps them determine the purchase was a good idea? What sorts of things make them think a purchase was a bad idea?
6) Report the findings. Simply summarize your interviews.
7) Draw conclusions. Based on what you know about this segment and what you learned in your interviews, how would you succinctly describe this segment in terms of alternative evaluation, purchase decision, and post-purchase evaluation?
Alternative Product List: Wired devices with multiple USB ports, Battery wireless devices with multiple USB ports, Battery wireless devices with single USB port, wireless charging devices with multiple USB ports, wireless charging devices with single USB port.
Person 1 34-years old Senior Consultant in a large consulting company Male
In company, we all use laptops our company give us. I think it is a good idea to have computer accessorizes device that never need to worried about the battery. Among the alternative product, I prefer battery wireless devices with single USB port. I travel with my laptop a lot so carrying a wireless charging station is a burden to me. And with additional batteries, I do not need to worry about no power during a presentation. Among the factors, I believe reliable is most important to me. I always purchase devices on bestbuy.com have have them deliver to me. I always pay cash. I believe as long as I do not complain about the product, it is a right purchase.
Person 2 21-years old Junior Student Female
I have a laptop at home and play games sometime. I do need high performance devices to maximum my gaming experience. I currently using battery wireless devices, but it is annoying when the battery is dead in the middle of a game. And I also hate the mess of wires. So I will definitely choose the wireless devices with wireless charging. I care the most is the price and the quality. I pay cash when purchasing digital devices. I like to buy device on site and online when it is on sale. If I keep using them without buy new devices instead, it’s a right purchase.
Person 3 24-years old PHD Student Male
I am a PHD student and like to play CSGO sometimes. I prefer the wireless remote charging devices with single USB port. I like simple and clean on my desk. Changing battery during a game is the worst experience for a gamer, especially when we don’t have backup battery at home. I think price is important to me because my salary is limited. I sometimes purchase in finance and purchase mostly online. As long as the devices can last long enough, it is the right purchase.
Summary: All of the three person have the habit to purchase online especially during sale season. Young gamer would like our product more but price is also what they consider most. They want convenient and good quality products.
Conclusion: We need to build the product convenient and affordable. We need to focus on online sales and also retailer like Best buy.
e
Summary
Person 2 21-years old Junior Student Female
I have a laptop at home and play games sometime. I do need high performance devices to maximum my gaming experience. I currently using battery wireless devices, but it is annoying when the battery is dead in the middle of a game. And I also hate the mess of wires. So I will definitely choose the wireless devices with wireless charging. I care the most is the price and the quality. I pay cash when purchasing digital devices. I like to buy device on site and online when it is on sale. If I keep using them without buy new devices instead, it’s a right purchase.
Person 3 24-years old PHD Student Male
I am a PHD student and like to play CSGO sometimes. I prefer the wireless remote charging devices with single USB port. I like simple and clean on my desk. Changing battery during a game is the worst experience for a gamer, especially when we don’t have backup battery at home. I think price is important to me because my salary is limited. I sometimes purchase in finance and purchase mostly online. As long as the devices can last long enough, it is the right purchase.
Summary: All of the three person have the habit to purchase online especially during sale season. Young gamer would like our product more but price is also what they consider most. They want convenient and good quality products.
Conclusion: We need to build the product convenient and affordable. We need to focus on online sales and also retailer like Best buy.
e
Summary
Hey Sining!
ReplyDeleteI really like your post! I think all your interviews are rally solid and they all provide really good information that can help to further develop your business. I do feel like your fully wireless product have a big market since people are not 100% happy with the product they have right now.