Friday, January 18, 2019

4A – Forming An Opportunity Belief

I used to work in a local restaurant in China, which sells fast street food. From the working experience, I found out how attractive food can be. Tourists came from far away just trying to taste our food. Right now in Gainesville, lots of students and international students live in town for college. However, there is no such Chinese street food restaurant for a party or after hour service. This need existed for a long time. This is the reason why I am 100 percent sure it is a great idea to open a street food shop in Gainesville.

1. Chinese international student.

 Is an authentic Chinese eatery attractive to you?
 Yes, a lot.

 How often would you go there if the food is good?
 Twice to three times a week.

 What's your favorite restaurant now.
 Gator Suyaki

 Reflect: It attracts Chinese international students a lot.

2. American Chinese
 Is an authentic Chinese eatery attractive to you?
 Sure.

 How often would you go there if the food is good?
 Maybe once or twice a week.

 What's your favorite restaurant now.
 Bj's

 Reflect: American Chinese are interested in it.

3. American local
 Is an authentic Chinese eatery attractive to you?
 I will give it a try.

 How often would you go there if the food is good?
 Once a week if it is good.

 What's your favorite restaurant now.
 Longhorn steak house

 Reflect: It will more like new stuff worth to try.


Summarize:
After the short survey, I think I still got 90 percent confident to establish the business and it is more accurate. I think entrepreneurs should always and to a great extent follow the market's advice. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sining,
    This is a really good idea. As a Chinese myself, I do miss the street food in China a lot when I'm in America. especially in Gainesville where there is not many real Chinese restaurant. Street food is such a huge part of Chinese food culture, I believe this is an opportunity that will succeed in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sining,

    I am not an international student but I have always enjoyed learning about and trying different things from cultures other than my own. I think that adding a Chinese food/Street vendor restaurant in Gainesville would be a great addition to the diversity of the city and could make a lot more students feel at home here. I think that with the right entrepreneurial attitude, a restaurant like this could be opened!

    ReplyDelete