The article begins with the story of Jobs' childhood, followed by the description of his realistic distorted position and the transformation of his personality into persuasion.
It is indeed a capability that leaders need to possess, which gives me some enlightenment. In fact, during the process of watching, I found that many of his ideas were exactly the same as mine. Besides, he also paid attention to details in the speech, such as lighting, placement, background music and advertising. Everything was very detailed, and it should give the audience a visual and auditory impact. There are many classic points worth learning. For example, if you want to find a suitable person to take charge of a certain module, you should not do everything by yourself. Even if you are a genius like Steve Jobs, there are many places that you are not familiar with and need partners to help.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.
This is probably where I think jobs is most successful, whether it is adding a graphics control module to the computer, or taking the lead in using touch screen control on the phone, using iPad instead of netbook, bringing music into iTunes to explore new marketing mode, and using minimalist iPod to lead the progress in music field. Everything is at the forefront of science and technology, which can be called the future and has changed the world.
There are many flaws in Steve Jobs, such as arrogance and paranoia. But his talent can not be denied, and it is his efforts to turn things around that make apple create one myth after another. I don't think it would have been possible for him to have done it again without a passion for apple. The ordinary Jobs made an extraordinary career.
Living in silicon valley, Jobs had easy access to HP engineers at an early age, bought cheap electronics, and borrowed books from Stanford libraries. Although he dropped out of college, he was still able to stay in school and audit courses.
His paranoia about going completely vegan, fasting, taking psychedelic drugs, going to spirituality in India, and choosing the most expensive reed college because he didn't want to go to college didn't have much interference from his parents. It also made his paranoia worse and worse. I can't help wondering if I can tolerate my child being so paranoid.
If I got a chance to interview Jobs face to face, I would like to ask him about his future plan for apple and ask him to give me some advice.
Hey Sining,
ReplyDeleteGreat Post! I like how you pick Steve jobs as the book you read. Apparently he is a man with a lot compliment and controversial as well, but we still can learn a good deal from him. I agree with him that the best way to predict the future is to crate it, it make so much sense.
Hey Sining,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I think you have thoughtfully read this book and understand the concept of it really well! I think this man's legend have many pros and cons. We should accept pros and learn from cons. His childhood is impressing, too. When I was at his age, I only followed all my parents' instructions and hardly had a dream, probably go to KFC on weekends is all I have.