Friday, April 12, 2019

26A – Celebrating Failure

The word "failure" seems too far away for me. But sometimes it's right next to me.

One day, I want to cook a Chinese dish by myself. It's called scrambled egg with tomato. My mother used to cook for me when I was young. I learned from my mother's appearance. First, I took out two red tomatoes, wash them and cut them into small pieces on the plate. Then I took out two eggs from the refrigerator and knocked them on the edge of the bowl. Then I broke the eggs. I put a little salt and monosodium glutamate in the bowl and stir with chopsticks for 2-3 minutes. Then, I set up the pot and turn on the gas stove. I stir the egg carefully into the pot. After a while, I put the tomatoes into the pot. At that moment, I suddenly smelled something terrible, like something is burning. I looked, the egg is burnt, I quickly turned down the fire. Finally, a pot of burnt flavor tomato scrambled eggs well, look at the pot of tomatoes, I feel very failure.

Life can't be plain sailing. There are always frustrations and setbacks. We have to learn from the failure, enhance courage. In this way, failure is a kind of wealth, which cannot be measured by money.

I learned many celebrities biography this semester. I am aware of how their lives changes and how they made through it. I am encouraged by them. My own failure is nothing compared to theirs. Keep thinking positive is my key to handle the failures.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sining!
    Great post! I really enjoying your story about cooking and although it was a small mistake but we can still learn a lot from it. I agree with you that learn from our mistake and enhance our courage is the best way to face a failure! I believe that your cooking is going to be great in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sining,

    I really liked your inspirational post. Your story is a great one and I thought it was very funny. I know it is extremely hard to be good at cooking, especially when following a recipe taught to you by your mom. I think that your second paragraph where you talk about keeping on and never giving up is very inspirational and words that everyone should live by in their everyday lives. Also, the fact that you admire the wit and determination of celebrities is awesome. These people have worked hard to be where they are and their accomplishments should not go understated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sining,

    I really think you did a good job when facing failure. Your attitude is quite good because you are optimistic to failure. You can learn from experience and then wait for a better success. From my opinion, there is never a definition of success. I believe success is a status, when you feel yourself is doing well. Keep moving!

    ReplyDelete